Good Times begins Here

Good Times begins Here

Sunday, January 10, 2010

FHE........


New years Resolution.... Do better at FHE.....what a task that is with two little children. I don't think it is ever easy, but I know I must do better. So this is our start and I thought I would share. My sister Julie told me about this. I believe it came out of the ensign this last year. This is our twist. We made some boxes and filled each one. One has a game, one has a lesson or gospel teaching method, and the last has songs to sing. I really thought the kids would enjoy it and let me tell you it was a hit. In fact we do it every day. I am so excited that they love it. I will do it every day. I love the gospel and will take every minute to teach my children. It is even more fun when they are excited.

Activity:
Read a story for the Friend
Who is the prophet
How can we share with other
How can you help your mom and Dad
Read a scripture
Talk about a picture in the Friend
Tell a scripture story
The list can go on and on

Songs:
Primary songs

Games:
Play with Chase favorite toy
Play Hide and seek
Read a story
Play game board
( Of course this is age appropriate for my kids, but you can do what ever)

Place a slip of paper with activities, games, and songs in their boxes. Let the kids draw one from each box. Do the activity, song, game and FHE is done. Already planned and no excuse for not doing it.

Snacks: Can't forget a snack

May we all do better at teaching our children and gather them together for FHE.

No comments: